CENTRO DE IDIOMAS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

+52
Irma Pliego Sánchez
michelle osorio
Beatriz Díaz Infante Carb
MAGALY MARTINEZ
leticia zarco
victor velazquez sanchez
maricelamorales
ana victoriano
Alejandra Alfaro Alonzo
Milagros Almaraz Adaya
LEONOR FRANCO
gpe. fatima mendoza rdez
Marissa
Virginia Cruz
Vero Barragán M
Nelly Perez Valenzuela
Abigail Fuentes Saturday
tania janet avalos
Maribel Torres
Roura Connie
Georgina Solano Santín
mina
beatriz navarrete vázquez
Marisela Bautista Monter
Luz María Guzmán Rodrígue
Susana Delgadillo Smith
elisa solache
Patricia Rivera Cambas
María I.
Elvira
Czar
Ferdinand
Vera Aguila
CELIA BARRALES ARENAS
Anny
erika moreno
María Marcela Alcázar Z.
GINA BG
silviarebolledodiaz
Alicia Rodrìguez Quezada
bolillo
Edna M. Castillejos
Guadalupe
jessica
JOSEFINA CANALES SANCHEZ
Yessy bautista
jahimeh
M. MARCOS JUAREZ CISNEROS
gabylour
Norma Ocampo
Alejandrina Ruiz Rivero
CIBF
56 participantes

Página 1 de 3. 1, 2, 3  Siguiente

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

Mensaje  CIBF Vie Abr 29, 2011 4:02 am

According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the characteristics of the English classroom?
Be sure you include atmosphere, type of activities, teacher´s role, students´ role, discipline management...
Read some of your classmates´ opinions and say if you agree with them and why.
Rolling Eyes
CIBF
CIBF
Admin

https://cibf.foroactivo.mx

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Re: OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

Mensaje  Alejandrina Ruiz Rivero Vie Abr 29, 2011 4:51 am

According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the characteristics of the English classroom?
Be sure you include atmosphere, type of activities, teacher´s role, students´ role, discipline management...

I think that in a classroom it has to exist an environment where the ss´ can feel secure, motivated, respected by the others (including the teacher), confident, it has to be a positive atmosphere where they can feel good about learning. The activities should be very dinamic including those where ss´can develop their multiple intelligences, activities where ss´can practice with their classmates (team, pairs, etc.), and the ones that develop their imagination and curiosity and the most important; these activities have to include games. The teacher´s role should be like being a guide for the ss´ and the ss´ should be the ones who are interested in their learning and in their processes I mean be the center of learning. And talking about discipline management, I think that in the classroom it has to be certain rules since the very beginning of the course and as a teacher be sure that the ss´ know those rules (maybe even let ss´create some of them) in order to follow them and in that way keep working in a positive atmosphere.

Alejandrina Ruiz Rivero

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Mensaje  CIBF Vie Abr 29, 2011 4:57 am

You are the first! That shows your interest and of course your learning!
CIBF
CIBF
Admin

https://cibf.foroactivo.mx

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS-TASK FOR LEARNING THEORIES

Mensaje  Norma Ocampo Vie Abr 29, 2011 6:30 am

CIBF escribió:You are the first! That shows your interest and of course your learning!

I think for the student to feel safe and happy to participate in class without fear of being offended or above, and can learn in a pleasant and almost without realizing there must be an environment in which students feel safe , motivated and respected by everyone, including the teacher, taking into account the above have to be a positive environment in which to practice skills through dynamic activities and play with peers in teams, pairs or individually, they order to develop their skills and where the teacher is a guide for students, but certain rules for managing to have order in the classroom without losing harmony and friendship in the classroom

Norma Ocampo

Mensaje  gabylour Vie Abr 29, 2011 6:53 am

I breath a friendly atmosphere, because all students want to participate and feel the confidence to do it. activities always are monitored by the teacher and it is good for us because teacher demonstrates their interests about students learn correctly, our participation always is constantly by groups or teams. The activities we had made are totally different (I enjoyed the movie we watched) about the dicipline management I think is so good because everybody understand the environment we want to have, so we respect and follow the rules and ideas for everyone.

I agree with alejandra because I feel motivated to participate and give my best.

gabylour

Mensaje  M. MARCOS JUAREZ CISNEROS Vie Abr 29, 2011 7:17 am

A GOOD TEACHER SHOULD BE UNDERSTAND THAT HE/SHE HAVE DIFFERENT ROLES IN ORDER TO CREATE A CONFORTABLE ENVIROMENT ACCORDING TO NECESITIES OF THEIR STUDENTS IN INDIVIDUAL AND GENERAL WAY. IT MEANS CREATE A GOOD PLACE THAT THEY FEEL ARMONY, SECURITY AND CONFIDENCE; THIS KIND OF ATMOSPHERE ALLOW THEM TO DO THE TASK THAT THE TEACHER; AS A PROMOTOR OF THE LEARNING, GIVES THEM. THE SS' HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DEVELOP THEIR OWN IDEAS ABOUT THE ENGLISH LANGUAJE. FOR THIS THE TEACHING ACTIVITIES WILL BE FUNNY, INTERESTING AND INTERACTIVE WHERE THE SS' ARE THE PRINCIPAL ACTOR BY ASK AND ANSWER EACH OTHER, OR WORKING IN DIFFERENT WAYS (IN PAIRS, TEAMS OR GROUP) ALWAYS IS NECESARY TO SHOW SOMETHING NEW OR DIFFERENT IN ORDER TO DEVELOP THEIR IMAGINATION OR SKILLS. IT WILL BE BY GAMES, DYNAMICA CTIVITIES AND NEVER FORGOT SOME RULES FOR THE DISCIPLINE IS VERY IMPORTANT THE CONTROL OF THE GROUP AND CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE OF RESPECT FOR EVERYONE .

ME TOO, I AGREE TO ALEJANDRINA; SHE COVERS ALL THE ASPECTS IN CLEAR WAY AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND,
WIHT NORMA ABOUT NOT LOST THE HARMONY AND FRIENDSHIP.

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Outstanding English Classroom

Mensaje  jahimeh Vie Abr 29, 2011 8:46 am

English classroom must be like a feast yard where children can recognize things that they use or have used to be happy or just for playing somewhere, such as color balls, easels, landscape pictures, families and people playing photographs, commands signals, television & DVD and of course, specific material for the lesson, which is going to change every class.
On the other hand, although teachers previously choose some material to stand out for the class they must be able to use all material to play meanwhile they realize what are children focus on. Perhaps is not going to be the topic of the class, but teacher are always able to lead children’s encouragement to a theme.
Teachers always act as a coordinator, they wiled influence in children’s behavior thus although they play with kids they are mature enough to get class control and finally turn a game into a lesson. Teachers are a model for kids, they are also involved in children´s problems, so teachers must see students as material to build a part of their carriers and a part of their own knowledge. Teachers must not focus completely on the syllabus they have to be free to change some parts of the official way to teach in order to find the best way to invite students interest, this way pupils can produce what lesson is asking for.
Students are the active part of the knowledge they are accustomed to use their sense so that they always find the right way to learn, perhaps it is the reason for being very curious. Students are the most important input in the educational process because what they produce will be the real and quantifiable output of the Mexican educational system that is why students have to develop their own skills meaning the way they are going to use the knowledge and the right management of every tool learned in college.

I think I forgot the way for working in the classroom so that I agree with my classmates we must work in teams including the teacher in a friendly manners atmosphere. We also have to cheer students to do their best
I agree with Yessi, teachers have to belive in children's capability, for us any student must be able to learn English
I also agree with teacher Jose, work in teams is a very good method to get class control

Última edición por jahimeh el Sáb Abr 30, 2011 2:37 am, editado 1 vez

jahimeh

Mensaje  Yessy bautista Vie Abr 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Teachers need to take into account many factors such as classroom atmosphere, classroom management, tolerance, patience, passionate, and other aspects. A positive attitude is essential. Teachers need to be confident that their students are capable of learning another language. Teachers need to have the ability to make an effective lesson plan to successful teaching. English teachers need to educate and train themselves on how to design a lesson plan that is adapted to the needs and abilities of their students. Teachers need to be aware of classroom management so that they can have available class time and maintain discipline. I think activities must be productive and meaningful, not mechanical. They meet objectives such as reinforcement of new and old points and re-cycling points. e.g. practicing grammar, matching, guessing, predicting, etc. i agree with jahimed's first paragraph. Material is really important in order to have a better result in class.
Yessy bautista
Yessy bautista

Mensaje  JOSEFINA CANALES SANCHEZ Sáb Abr 30, 2011 12:45 am

Atmosphere
I think It could be a place with friendly, respected, confident and positive relationships, where learners can feel happy. In some aspects I agree with Alejandrina.

Type of activities
There must be a variety of activities, many settings and stages where the learners can represent their "world " and where they can express their needs, feelings, hopes, etc.

Teacher´s role
Like Jaime I think We are guides, coordinators and "regulators" of the children´s learning.
Students´ role They have the active role, always doing things in order to learn.
Discipline management Is difficult with a lot of students, the best way in large groups is working by teams.
My best hope is the freely accepted discipline by students, I think they can develop the organization of their own behavior.

JOSEFINA CANALES SANCHEZ

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Outstanding English classrooms.

Mensaje  jessica Sáb Abr 30, 2011 2:21 am

CIBF escribió:According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the characteristics of the English classroom?
Rolling Eyes
As teachers we must be very careful about the group we are teaching the class because everyone is different and we can not apply the same method from one to another so is the same grade, each group has its own characteristics and rates of learning, we must make a group profile in order to decide our methodology to follow, with this we get a good atmosphere in the classroom, the children will feel confident with one as a teacher because they know we know their interests, abilities and weaknesses and feel important because we have spent time with them.
That would be one of our roles as teachers, if one plans and align the classes with dynamic activities, different from those they know, always going to be interested in our class understand English but not 100 percent, they tried to do their own way, and finally good discipline comes by itself because it will not want to do anything other than the activity of the English class. Personally I like to teach with stories and games most of the issues, because they find it fun and new, because in their other subjects is not so.
I`m agree with Alejandrina said about the teaching techiniques.
Do not forget that we only abide, we always encourage them to participate even if they are wrong, they do not feel afraid to try again.

I think in the same way as Lupita said . We have to establish rules at the beginning for better results.

Última edición por jessica el Sáb Abr 30, 2011 2:52 am, editado 1 vez

jessica

Mensaje  Guadalupe Sáb Abr 30, 2011 2:34 am

CIBF escribió:According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the characteristics of the English classroom?
Rolling Eyes
According to these theories we have studied it is necessary to the ss feel comfortable, secure, motivated, and respected, at the same time we as teachers improve in their knowledge because we are the facilitators. The atmosphere must be positive, confident.
The activities should be different, creative, and dynamic because in that way we can identify different learning styles and we develop their knowledge.
The teacher’s role should be like being a guide for the ss and the ss should be the ones who are interested in their learning and in their processes.
We have to establish rules at the beginning for better results.

Guadalupe

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Outstanding English Classrooms should be:

Mensaje  Edna M. Castillejos Sáb Abr 30, 2011 2:58 am

"CIBF"]According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the characteristics of the English classroom?

There are a lot of theories that languages have. For me, there are some importants that we should follow at the time we are teaching English. We need to merge some of the theories in order to have an outstanding English classroom.

Try to keep in mind that atmosphere needs to have things like recreation, relax, play, time to improve, realia (decoration), etc. The good environment starts with the teacher´s attitude because if she is reflecting a relax and a good mood, ss will give her the same back in order to learn.

English classroom need to be full of color and positive things that help students to remember and being meaningful, things that can help them to remind and reinforce 4 skills.

And as I wrote in my portfolio...
"Nowadays, Constructivism has placed in first, in order to give classes to students with quality, enhancing and including the entire important things on children’s environment (such as knowledge, abilities, intrapersonal and interpersonal attitudes, characteristics, background and personal experiences), to make a whole new brand form to teach.
Achieving this goal, and giving meaningful classes, learning will be easier and a good reason for children who want to learn English as a second language."

Thanks in advance for your tips!! Regards, Edna M.

Última edición por Edna M. Castillejos el Lun Mayo 16, 2011 5:49 am, editado 1 vez
Edna M. Castillejos
Edna M. Castillejos

Mensaje  bolillo Sáb Abr 30, 2011 3:03 am

I think it must have natural light, about atmosphere it has to be of confidence, friendly, security, and comfortable, etc. the activities must be active and interactive, the teacher has the roll as a leader, the teacher only guide the students to make them to participate as many times as possible, the students must participate it doesn't matter if they have mistakes, because in that way they will improve in the learning of the language, it is so important to establish rules to have a good management with the discipline.
I agree with my classmates about the respect to the Ss. and it is so important they must be very motivated.

Bolillo
(Graciela)

bolillo

Mensaje  Alicia Rodrìguez Quezada Sáb Abr 30, 2011 3:52 am

One of the main points to consider is not to miss the importance of the student is the main point of teaching, the teacher, the knowledge and all our attention should focus on it, see what needs may have to work that and make the child develop their multiple intelligences

Alicia Rodrìguez Quezada

Mensaje  silviarebolledodiaz Sáb Abr 30, 2011 4:39 am

In my opinion the English Classroom has to have a relaxing atmosphere and the Teacher has to be friendly with a positive attitude so the children can feel confident and they can love English classes. Since the beginning T and SS have to set rules and limits for a better behaivor and a better learning. Children have a natural desire to learn and communicate for this reason Teachers offered as many opportunities for learning and communication as possible, so the activities have to be creative and enjoyable for the children. As I said before CHILDREN HAVE WINGS AND ENGLISH TEACHERS TEACH THEM HOW TO FLY" thanks everybody Miss Silvia Rebolledo.

silviarebolledodiaz

Mensaje  GINA BG Sáb Abr 30, 2011 5:25 am

Rolling Eyes
The characteristics of the English classroom should be a time where kids enjoy to be, where they feel comfortable, in armony, confidence and secure, always taking care in lossing the discipline, that's why we have to establish rules at the begining of the course.
The activities have to be funny, interesting, creative and dinamics, where the ss could develope their knowledge, always thinking in the different kinds of students.
The teacher role should be as a guide, just coordinating the ss and the ss are the most important part of our profession, they have to be the center of learning.
I agree with most of my partners, we are in the same way, and after read this reading I have more clear some aspects of this theories.

GINA BG

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty HELP

Mensaje  María Marcela Alcázar Z. Sáb Abr 30, 2011 5:51 am

TEACHER GINA, I´M SORRY TO SEND YOU THIS MSG, I KNOW THIS HOMEWORK IS NOT FOR US, I´M MARCELA, AND IT´S IMPOSIBLE TO SEND YOU THE HOMEWORK, I´VE BEEN TRYING IN foro@benjaminfranklin.edu.mx AS WELL AS IN YOUR PRIVATE ONE, I GOT IMMEDIATELY MSGS TELLING ME THAT THEY WERE NOT DELIVERED...WHAT MUST I DO??? IF YOU WANT ON TUESDAY I CAN SHOW YOU IN THE SCHOOL´S COMPUTER THAT THIS IS JUST THE TRUTH....HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP...,.THANKS....Marcela

María Marcela Alcázar Z.

Mensaje  erika moreno Sáb Abr 30, 2011 6:13 am

Read some of your classmates´ opinions and say if you agree with them

bounce Atmosphere: it' shoeld be a comfortable atmosphere for the students. Since they know it's time to english class, he/she feels realyy happy because it's a safety and funny place where they are able to manage on one's own.
Type of activities: they have to be dinamic and interesting for the students (depend each one) addapt to the group, use realia, work in teams, games, etc, but special work in different ways.
teacher role: it should be like a guide and monitor because like the teacher said " we can practice in other places" but the students are learning english and we have to help them.
Discipline: we have to be careful with this because if we dont'n establish rules at the beginning it's going to be a big problem (phisics and mental). When we have rules we have to respect them and the students too. I remember everyday thet we are in a pilot plan and we are responsable thet the students learn, love and use the english.
i love that Silvis said "children have wings and we teach them how to fly" We'll do it.

erika moreno

Mensaje  Anny Sáb Abr 30, 2011 6:53 am

Very Happy I think the atmosphere to work with children should be pleasant, not push, it should be a lesson we could say "soft / light " through various dynamic games or go take love of the English language. There are many theories that we can know and adapted to the needs of children or with the conditions of the school or from the time of this teaching. As we saw in our last class we must adapt to the needs of children, kids shouldn´t that closely match what want to teach, but we don´t lose sight of the discipline because it is a very important part of the teaching, is part of the training received children. we have them always attracted to the activity to do at the moment.
Anny flower
Anny
Anny

Mensaje  Anny Sáb Abr 30, 2011 7:09 am

Dear Teacher Gina
I still see is hard to understand or answer or enter the forums but I try and try, is my goal.
I don´t understand how in other forums I can see another classmates like Edna, Bilillo, etc
See you
Anny Smile
Anny
Anny

Mensaje  CELIA BARRALES ARENAS Sáb Abr 30, 2011 8:17 am

Rolling Eyes
I agree with Norma because is very important that students feel at ease, in confidence to express their ideas, emotions, opinions, preferences, etc. with the assurance that if they make a mistake, there is no problem because that is the way to learn, it is “trial and error”, always in an environment of respect for diversity. That confidence allows students investigate to find solutions to their conflicts, obviously, with teacher's help. The teacher is a partner and he is a guide, a coordinator, but also he is someone the students can trust. The student is someone who has information, but needs more information and knows what to do with it to resolve problems of the life. The student needs to learn to use all his senses, his knowledges, his skills, his feelings, his attitudes in order to face the world.
Also it is necessary a clean, neat, nice classroom, well equipped with material such as posters, drawings, words, puzzles, sweepstakes, balls, costumes and if possible, television, VCR and DVD player
Also I agree with jahimeh because I think that my students are kids and to kids like to play and the music all the time except some few moments. For that reason, I think the principal environment could be the environment playful without forget to establish the rules previously.

CELIA BARRALES ARENAS

Mensaje  Vera Aguila Sáb Abr 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Atmosphere in a classroom has to be peaceful, relaxing but it has to have funny elements in order to have better results with our Students, it is easy for any human been to learn in a nice environment when we don't feel us afraid or shy to participate.
Type of activities: we have to use different activities like work in pairs, work alone, work in teams, work the whole group, I enjoy too, work outside the classroom and it is interesting for Students because they know if they work nice and pay attention in the instructions and finish the activity we can work other times in the yard. I think variety in the activities es a good key to be a good teacher.
Teacher's role: Many years ago Teacher has the control of the class, nowadays We have to teach Students to learn by themselves and we are just the facilitator, helpers or coordinators no the controllers, so we have to be patient, friendly, respecfull, and never punish or ridicule students.
Student's role: They have to learn that the responsibility of learn is of them, if they don't pay attention, don't participate in the activities, is going to be difficult to learn and explore with the language (but teachers need to help them give them a good motivation)
Discipline management: Is a good tool for us because we can control the discipline in the classroom making teams or changing of place to the students, making different games, making a great warmp up or led in, and we don't need act like a strict person to control the class.

Vera Aguila

Mensaje  Ferdinand Dom Mayo 01, 2011 1:35 am

I agree with all my mates. Atmosphere classroom must be like to be at home...but with the teacher.
I remembered when I was a student,the classroom had a positive atmosphere... even at night...and when there was a black out,Teacher straight away to take advantage to the situation.and I keep learning from this.

type of activities:as someone said above dynamic activieties (trying not to abuse of them) and of course, include variety.

teacher´s role, :helper,provider,easier,guide,facilitator.
students´ role: recievers, as it is said they are the active role to recieve and learn
discipline management: set the rules before the course and it will help you out.

Ferdinand

Mensaje  Czar Dom Mayo 01, 2011 4:40 am

The good classroom must be a place where you enjoy because the techer thinks in personal necessities so he helps you to work and interact with other people. He thinks and make a funny enviroment with pictures,songs, drama activities (play). The knowledge must be socialize and with the discipline management is good to make contracts with children with bad behavior because you take into account and most of the time they feel taht in their homes nobody notice them or try them with respect. When you have doubts sometimes because you are afraid or you're shy don't dare to ask to the teacher but when you ask to a peer is easilier to learn because they think if he didn't know like me and he understand I can do it too.

Basically my classmates say tha same but with others words so I totally agree with their comments.

Czar

OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOM

Mensaje  Elvira Dom Mayo 01, 2011 5:46 am

As teachers we are responsible to built environment for autonomy and collaborative learning, this is not easy for some teachers that they are not creative or because they work with the traditional method or they only have few years to work as teacher.
On the other hand nowadays most of teachers work with an educative material and electronic sources in addition to update on technological uses of information and communication, although I try to do the best, sometimes students don´t have the interest to work because of psychological, economic and social situations. That´s for, although there are a lot, we must consider some aspects like these:
The didactic material, are all that elements used on the teaching learning process, it helps to built specific knowledge and it offers visual, auditive, and tactile sensations. A good chose and design, printed, concrete or informatics, strength the comprehension, motivate the interest and develop the meaning and communicative activity.
Lesson plan The main goal of the lesson plan is to capture the attention of the students like you plan, the cognitive, psychomotor and affective fields are involved and we must analyze carefully what they are going to learn and how they are going to learn. It is necessary to organize and define the objective of the class, before planning we have to consider the kind of students, the size group, level, time, activity, etc.
And it requires to develop skills on the three stages that we know like introduction or access where we can work with warm up activities, development or practicing we develop all the kinds of drills and closing or consolidation here we have to transfer the theory to a communicative and meaningful activity.
Context It is good to make students feel confident even when the context is related to their routinary activities.
I agree with most of teachers in the course, because I had worked with children before I worked with teens and I have an idea about them, they are great genius.

Elvira

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 3. 1, 2, 3  Siguiente