CENTRO DE IDIOMAS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

+8
Rosa Maria Chico Del Olmo
Maribel Islas
Diana Yáñez
david vazquez
GERARDO ROSALES
mireyasalas
karen chong
CIBF
12 participantes

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

Mensaje  CIBF Vie Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the best characteristics of an English classroom?
Be sure you include atmosphere, type of activities, teacher´s role, students´ role, discipline management...
Read some of your classmates´ opinions and say if you agree with them and why.
CIBF
CIBF
Admin

https://cibf.foroactivo.mx

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty KAREN CHONG THEORY =)

Mensaje  karen chong Vie Jun 10, 2011 6:29 pm

CIBF escribió:According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the best characteristics of an English classroom?
Be sure you include atmosphere, type of activities, teacher´s role, students´ role, discipline management...
ALL THEORIES TALK ABOUT HOW CAN THE HUMAN BEING GET KNOWLEDGE, NO MATTER WICH THEORY YOU MUST APPLY WHATEVER, A TEACHER HAVE TO CREATE A POSSITIVE AND SAFE ENVIROMENT TO MAKE FEEL STUDENTS RELAX AND CONFIDENT BUT FIRST OF ALL WITH THE DESIRE OF LEARNING.
IF WE MIX SOMETHING ABOUT EACH THEORY THE BEST OF THIS WILL BE TO HAVE A BALANCE. IT´S NO SO BAD TO REWARD KIDS BUT NOT ALSO TO MAKE CHILDREN TO CONSTRUCT THEIR OWN KNOWLEDGE PROVIDING THEM THE TOOLS TO FACE REAL PROBLEMS AND SOLVE THEM.
ALL STIMULLUS ARE IMPORTANT NOT JUST FOR REWARDS EVEN TO CREATE A NEW KIND OF LEARNING A SUBJECT OR SOMETHING OF THE REAL LIFE.
PROMOTE CREATIVITY FOR BOTH PARTS IS VERY IMPORTANT, FROM THE TEACHER PRACTICING NEW ACTIVITIES ACORDING WITH THE AGE AND PREFERENCES AND FROM THE STUDENTS TO DEVELOP AMAZING PROJECTS BECUASE THEY HAVE BORN IN THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY.
REALIZE THAT KNOWLEDGE IS NOT ONLY FROM TEACHERS AND BOOKS IS FROM OTHERS I MEAN PERSONS AND THEIR EXPERIENCES AND VIEWS OF LIFE.
THE RESULT OF CREATE DINAMIC ATMOSPHERE IS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE LEARNING AND ALSO TO ENJOY IT.
STUDENTS ROLE BEGIN WITH THEIR OWN ACCEPTANCE, COVERING AND RECOGNIZING THEIR MAIN NEEDS.
DEVELOP INTELLIGENCE FOR ADULTS IS NOT EASY BUT FOR CHILDREN IS A PIECE OF CAKE WE JUST NEED TO FIND THE WAY THEY CAN PRACTICE ALL TIME EVEN WHEN THEY DON´T REALIZE THEY ARE DOING IT.
DISCIPLINE MANAGEMENT DEPENDS OF THE TEACHER´S CAPACITY, IF THE STUDENTS PARTICIPATE, FEEL WELL WITH HOW THE CLASS GOES ON, THE TOPIC OF THE DAY, WITH THE ACTIVITIES WITH EVERYTHING AT ALL THERE´S NO CRIME TO PERSECUTE "DISCIPLINE IS CONTROLLED" EVERYBODY FEEL HAPPY. =)

karen chong

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Mireya's opinion

Mensaje  mireyasalas Sáb Jun 11, 2011 9:07 pm

CIBF escribió:According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the best characteristics of an English classroom?
I think that all the learning theories are based in the process to acquire knowledge; some of them in very different ways and manners and others are quite similar. In fact the teacher and the student’s roles are basically for this process and the environment around the classroom straightens the best way to obtain learning.

On the one hand, we as teachers must create a relax and interesting atmosphere in order to keep the students attention, it is very important to stimulate our students to be motivate in the topic or the theme we are going to teach them. Also I like the idea based on the principle of the brain that is holistic because we can motivate students to recognize visually or by previous experiences and emotions what they´ve already known and it would be easy for them to develop the knowledge.

Another important point is that we should known our students needs according to be very selective in the types of activities we can introduce them. For instance if we know their interests, we could bring several games, songs, movies or flash cards depending of their ages. Also we can vary this activities doing them work in groups or pairs, and in the same way we can work with a variety of activities that develop their different intelligences.

Also I think the teacher’s role has a crucial importance because she/he is the leader in this process of teaching-learning but the teacher must be emphatic with their students and accept that he/she also learn from the students and there is a feedback among the classroom.

Finally, the students are very important because we as teachers are not working with materials but with human beings that have feelings, emotions, and energy and they are hungry of learning things and that can give us a privilege to be teachers. I think that the discipline management goes in hand with all the job the teacher does in class. If the teacher is respectful with the students he/she obtains the same from the students and vice versa. Teacher must be patient and not desperate in order to obtain better results.

mireyasalas

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty OUTSTANDING CLASSROOMS

Mensaje  GERARDO ROSALES Sáb Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW I CAN SAY THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE A GOOD ENVIRONMENT IN THE CLASSROOM WITH DECORATIONS IF POSSIBLE,VISUALS AND SOMETIMES CHILDREN CAN HELP US TO DO THAT BY PASTING DRAWINGS OR ANY OTHER WORKS THEY HAVE DONE, IN ORDER TO INVOLVE THEM AND CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE, AND IN THIS WAY THEY FEEL THAT ARE CONTRIBUTING WITH THE CLASS AND IN FACT THAT IS THE MAIN OBJECTIVE TO MAKE THEM FEEL IMPORTANT IN CLASS.

NEVERTHELESS IT IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT TO CHECK WHAT WE ARE GOING TO PRESENT AND HOW, THEN IS WHEN WE DECIDE WETHER TO USE ONE METHOD OR ANOTHER ONE, AND I THINK THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE IS GOING TO WORK WELL OF COURSE IF WE PREPARE ATTRACTIVE LESSONS WITH COLORFUL MATERIALS BECAUSE IS WHAT CHILDREN ARE INTERESTED IN. HOWEVER MOST OF THE TIME WE NEED TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT MATERIALS ACCORDING TO THE TOPIC AND WAY OF LEARNING, IF SO, THERE WON´T BE PROBLEM TO WORK, LEARN AND SOMETIMES PLAY WITH CHILDREN.I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT ALL THE METHODS,DRILLS AND TECHNIQUES WE HAVE BEEN STUDYING ARE VERY USEFUL AND THE ONLY THING WE WILL NEED TO DO IS PUT THEM INTO PRACTICE AS MUCH AS WE CAN.

I AGREE WITH KAREN WHEN SHE MENTIONS THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING CONSTANT, PATIENT AND A KIND TEACHER BECAUSE AL THOSE FACTS MAKE CHILDREN FEEL MOTIVATED,SECURE AND EAGER TO WORK, SO THAT THEY WILL LEARN MORE AND MORE EVERY TIME.

I ALSO AGREE WITH MIREYA BECAUSE SHE MENTIONED SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE AS A TEACHERS NEED TO KNOW THE NEEDS OF STUDENTS AND HELP THEM, ENCOURAGE THEM. I ALSO ADD THE POINT OF SET GOALS IN LONG TERMS IN ORDER TO AVOID FEELING FRUSTRATED WITH THE RESULTS, ALTHOUGH CHILDREN ARE AMANZINGLY INTELLIGENT THEY ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO RETAIN THINGS AND CERTAIN INFORMATION RELATED WITH REAL LIFE. I MEAN THEY ARE JUST CHILDREN WHO NEED TO TIME TO DO THINGS AND OBVIOUSLY THE MOST THEY NEED IS ATTENTION AND PLAY.

GERARDO ROSALES

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Re: TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

Mensaje  david vazquez Dom Jun 12, 2011 9:41 am

I think the main purpose of the teacher, is finding the best way to transmit knowledge to students, so I think that the theory more effectively meet the needs of the group as well as the teacher, therefore will have to combine the main features theories of cognitivist, constructivist, and humanist, for best results.

however, in my opinion the most useful and important in the classroom, are Meaningful learning of David Ausubel, that uses the previous Knowledge and willingness, Cognitive Development Jean Piaget believed that learners for the new experience Incorporate Into an Already Existing framework , social learning of vygotky, who takes into account ZPD (person centered) carl rogers, which says that the individal's central motivation is to learn and to grow (What They Really Need), and Multiple Intelligence by Howard Gardner, and that better learning is very important to identify the characteristics and abilities of the student.

creating an atmosphere of respect and trust so as to clarify the role of the teacher and students is the key to good discipline, resulting in a Meaningful learning.

activities should be planned according to the type of students, characteristics and abilities, but always being creative and attractive to them, like games that develop senses, physical movement, etc, eg a song to sing and dance, watch movies, work in groups, tell stories and so on.

david vazquez

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty English in the classroom

Mensaje  Diana Yáñez Dom Jun 12, 2011 3:45 pm

In a classroom, the students and the teacher are persons, you can't be only the teacher, sometimes, you can learn for your students. sometimes is necessary apply the behaviorism: if one student do somethig, he/she has a consecuence, the teacher has the control of the class, he/she must propitiate discipline and respet in the classroom, but sometimes is necessary transfer the control to the students to they plan activities that they are interested, in a class you need dynamics, activities, attractive material, music, songs, work in groups, know the students' habilities, interests, needs, etc, and kids could have the control, in the class they can participate in discussions, propose activities, they have feel in confidence with the teacher and another classmates. As they feel better, they can learn more, the learning is more significative, the teacher did a good job because the students learn, and this is the objective.

This knowledge has be construct, less and less to have more every time, to support the before knowledge and can advance in the learn.

Students need material, but also a guide, someone to conduce them to learn, this person is the teacher, other students, their parents, they need motivation, interest to learn, teacher has to know this interests, what is the motivation, not only follow a program, or prepared them for exams.

I think the principal objective is the students enjoyed learn english, to they can speak, read and write in english, so the professor have enjoy teaching and learn; nobody can stop to learn

Diana Yáñez

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Re: TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS

Mensaje  Diana Yáñez Dom Jun 12, 2011 4:56 pm

karen chong escribió:
ALL THEORIES TALK ABOUT HOW CAN THE HUMAN BEING GET KNOWLEDGE, NO MATTER WICH THEORY YOU MUST APPLY WHATEVER, A TEACHER HAVE TO CREATE A POSSITIVE AND SAFE ENVIROMENT TO MAKE FEEL STUDENTS RELAX AND CONFIDENT BUT FIRST OF ALL WITH THE DESIRE OF LEARNING.
IF WE MIX SOMETHING ABOUT EACH THEORY THE BEST OF THIS WILL BE TO HAVE A BALANCE. IT´S NO SO BAD TO REWARD KIDS BUT NOT ALSO TO MAKE CHILDREN TO CONSTRUCT THEIR OWN KNOWLEDGE PROVIDING THEM THE TOOLS TO FACE REAL PROBLEMS AND SOLVE THEM.
ALL STIMULLUS ARE IMPORTANT NOT JUST FOR REWARDS EVEN TO CREATE A NEW KIND OF LEARNING A SUBJECT OR SOMETHING OF THE REAL LIFE.
PROMOTE CREATIVITY FOR BOTH PARTS IS VERY IMPORTANT, FROM THE TEACHER PRACTICING NEW ACTIVITIES ACORDING WITH THE AGE AND PREFERENCES AND FROM THE STUDENTS TO DEVELOP AMAZING PROJECTS BECUASE THEY HAVE BORN IN THE AGE OF TECHNOLOGY.
REALIZE THAT KNOWLEDGE IS NOT ONLY FROM TEACHERS AND BOOKS IS FROM OTHERS I MEAN PERSONS AND THEIR EXPERIENCES AND VIEWS OF LIFE.
THE RESULT OF CREATE DINAMIC ATMOSPHERE IS TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE LEARNING AND ALSO TO ENJOY IT.
STUDENTS ROLE BEGIN WITH THEIR OWN ACCEPTANCE, COVERING AND RECOGNIZING THEIR MAIN NEEDS.
DEVELOP INTELLIGENCE FOR ADULTS IS NOT EASY BUT FOR CHILDREN IS A PIECE OF CAKE WE JUST NEED TO FIND THE WAY THEY CAN PRACTICE ALL TIME EVEN WHEN THEY DON´T REALIZE THEY ARE DOING IT.
DISCIPLINE MANAGEMENT DEPENDS OF THE TEACHER´S CAPACITY, IF THE STUDENTS PARTICIPATE, FEEL WELL WITH HOW THE CLASS GOES ON, THE TOPIC OF THE DAY, WITH THE ACTIVITIES WITH EVERYTHING AT ALL THERE´S NO CRIME TO PERSECUTE "DISCIPLINE IS CONTROLLED" EVERYBODY FEEL HAPPY. =)

Ok, but when you know your students and the theories, you have learn to apply them when is necessary, and you can make it when all (students and you as a teacher) know themselves while are in curse, in classroom.

Diana Yáñez

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Maribel´s opinion

Mensaje  Maribel Islas Dom Jun 12, 2011 7:39 pm

In my opinion, all theories we have learned are a main part of teaching – learning, nevertheless we need to know how to use it correctly, I would fix all of these theories to make students´ learning useful all their lives.
First of all, to create a good atmosphere is very important; the teacher should have the best attitude in the classroom so that they could feel it and learn as much they can. Of course the class should be completely prepared to encourage student´s learning.
Then, the activities should be most of them in teams to promote socialization and developing of each intelligence among them, furthermore they have to be very understandable, briefly, useful, creative, colorful and very funny, because children love playing, I thing that those can have little problems so that they can be able not only to solve them but also to learn forming own experience.
Well, I think the children are very wise to do everything we ask them whether we believe it or not, but they are not mature because they are only kids, so, we as teachers have to play whatever role in order to motivate thorough learning.
Finally, discipline management probably is the most difficult factor, I mind though in behaviorism but instead of using presents, we can use different techniques like compliments.
I agree with Mireya when she said we should know students’ needs and interests so that we can select types of activities useful for them. Also, that the teachers’ role is crucial important because we are the leaders in the classroom and we’ll obtain what we built inside it.

Maribel Islas

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Ross think...

Mensaje  Rosa Maria Chico Del Olmo Lun Jun 13, 2011 12:31 am

According to all the learning theories you have studied, in your opinion, what should be the best characteristics of an English classroom?
Read some of your classmates´ opinions and say if you agree with them and why
I believe first we have to pay attention in all the points to be a teacher; I mean try to be a good teacher every single class. So that the reason we have many responsibility to know theories about learning and analysis them and make some connection between the authors said and the environment that exist in the real class, so a teacher lake Karen said have to create a good a positive and safe environment to make feel students relax an confident.
We know that in education, learning is commonly defined as a process that brings together cognitive, emotional, and environmental influences and experiences for acquiring, enhancing, or making changes in one's knowledge, skills, values, and world views.
But we as a teacher have the responsibility make all the possible and be sure that this process will happened in the successful way because the theories do not give us solutions, but they do direct our attention to those variables that are crucial in finding solutions. So we have to know some about them.
So I agree with my classmates when they said about the important to develop intelligence for our students using creativity as possible to get the process of teaching learning.

Rosa Maria Chico Del Olmo

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty theories of learning

Mensaje  patricia hernanadez Lun Jun 13, 2011 7:55 am

In my oppinion the characteristics of an english class must be plan, have a good enviroment, make the student feel confident and safe, dicipline and rules must be,make the students wish and have the desire to learn more and more every day, have atractive materials,work in teams,i m agree with Maribel that all theories are a main part of teaching,also im agrree with Rosa Maria that is a commonly defined as a prosses thats bring togheter cognitive an emotional,skills, values and world view.as a teachers we have the responsability to make this happen, i want to be a teacher of excelence, is ammaizing how the students can learn they are sponge Bobs,they love to sing, mimics, guess,play,draw,etc,so we need to use creativitie and make the students be happy and enjoy to learn english.

patricia hernanadez

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty classroom´s characteristics

Mensaje  Reyna Lun Jun 13, 2011 8:50 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fecha y hora actual: Lun Jun 13, 2011 1:26 am

Well I think the best characteristics of an English Classroom are:
Have a possitive classroom atmosphere we can achive this with the teacher´s positive attitude (be patient , empatic, respectful, etc.) if teachers we do so they can also manage with the learner´s positive attitude getting better result in the learning process.Develop a sense of pleasure in learning it is very important cause they will love what they are doing . It is important to promote learners to make choices and decisions in classroom this will increase their self-confidence. Develop the creativity in our Ss. is very important cause they will be able to manage problems teacher also will work with the ss. autonomy . work in teams in order to promote the social interaction . Have Ss. to construct knowledge relating with new material with their previous knowledge and experiences so we can have self learners; guide and monitoring is very important cause we can know our ss. need and we can develop different intelligences applying the specific activities. Create and english environment so this will be productive in learners and always keep Ss. be part of all of this activies and classroom management will be fun and easy.

well I agree with Mireya and Gerardo cause if we as teachers have a positive classroom atmosphere we keep ss. motivate and the most important know our ss. need these will bring us better results in the learning process.

Reyna

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty Angie´s opinion

Mensaje  Angeles Lun Jun 13, 2011 11:02 pm

After resding these theories I think it´s very important to know how people acquire their knowlege of the language and all the conditions and characteristics a language teacher should know in order to mromote a succesfull language learning.
First of all a teacher should know that Ss have their own perceptions of what goes on in the classroom.So teachers have to take into account atudent perceptions, and the simplest way to do this is to ask them.
By contributing their feedback, students will have an impact upon instruction that gives them an opportunity to feel involved in the running of the class.
It´s very important that teacher create agood relationship with students being tolerant,genuin, respectful and understand that each one has their own personality,beliefs,emotions,needs.....etc.
I can compare a teacher with the director of an orchestra, he/she has to lead students to play the right sound,the right instrument at the right moment.In fact a teacher should have the ability to manage the class by stablishing limits and setting rules since the beginning and by being respectful and fair with them.Also she should provide students a variety in lessons and clear learning outcomes.
On the other hand teacher can motivate and encourage students to recognize visually or by previous experiences and emotions what they´ve already known and it would be easy for them to develop the knowlege.
Finally I think we have to give our students the chance to communicate with their classmates and have them work in groups.
I agree with Gerardo when he mention that children can help us to decorate the classroom using their own drawings and crafts.Also I agree with Mireya´s point of view when she tell us about the importance of the teacher´s role as the leader in the process of teaching-learning and he/she can learn from the Ss too.

Angeles

TT1 Tuesday OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS Empty OUTSTANDING ENGLISH CLASSROOMS.

Mensaje  patricia mayela Lun Jun 13, 2011 11:58 pm

I THINK THAT ALL THEORIES ARE IMPORTANT FOR THE LEARNING PROCESS ALTOUGHT WE HAVE TO KNOW HOW AND WHEN WE CAN MIXED THEM. FOR ME THE PRINCIPAL ASPECT IS THE CREATIVITY, IT PRODUCES ENERGY AND BRING THEM POSITIVE ATTITUDES AND AIMED AT THE TRANSFORMATION. SS. WILL LEARN BETTER IF THEY HAVE A NICE ENVIRONMENT WITH COLOURFUL AND MEANINGFUL MATERIAL, SONGS. DYNAMICS, GAMES AND VARIETY OF ACTIVITIES WHICH DEVELOP THE MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES. TEACHER MUST HAVE TOSTABLISH SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE COURSE LIMITS AND RULES AND CREATE AN ATMOSPHERE OF RESPECT. DOING THAT I'M SURE CHILDREN WILL ENJOY AND LEARN IN A BEST WAY.
I AGREE WITH MY PARTNERS ; TEACHERS HAVE TO CREATE A GREAT ATMOPHERE IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A SUCCESSFUL AND MEANINFUL LEARNING.

patricia mayela

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado